For many people, family relationships are the most personal, cherished and complex relationships in their lives. That is why conflicts within a family often create some of the most challenging times a person can face.
At the law firm of Joseph Brophy Cordell, Attorney at Law, we understand how difficult family law matters can be because we've been there. We guide clients through a wide variety of family law issues, providing candid advice, aggressive advocacy and unwavering support during a time when you need it the most.
Experienced — Compassionate — Committed
For more than 20 years, we have helped clients throughout West Virginia and Maryland navigate even the most complex family law issues. We have experience representing clients in cases involving:
- Divorce and separation issues — including the division of marital property and requests for spousal support
- Custody matters — from child custody determinations, parenting time schedules, establishing or challenging paternity and/or requests for child support.
- Situations concerning parental kidnapping or unlawful parental relocations
- Requests for orders of protection against domestic abuse and violence
- Situations concerning the neglect or abuse of a child
- Requests to modify a support or custody order
Success in a family law case requires a team effort. That's why we take the time to learn about your family, your goals and your concerns. By melding the factual information that you know best with our in-depth knowledge of the law, we can build strategic plans designed to help you reach the best resolution possible.
The effects that a case can have on your family extend far beyond the legal process. At the law firm of Joseph Brophy Cordell, we are dedicated to ensuring that our clients see the big picture and have the information they need to make informed decisions about what is best for their family going forward.
Contact A Qualified Family Law Attorney Today
To talk to a skilled lawyer from our firm, contact our law office in Martinsburg, West Virginia, which is conveniently located across from the Berkeley County Courthouse. Call 304-707-0673 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation today. We accept credit cards.